We have an exciting opportunity to join our Education and Professional Development team as an Education and Training Pharmacist, with a focus on prescribing. You will be passionate about developing and advancing the pharmacy workforce to meet the changing needs of patients and the healthcare system.
You will use your expertise in workplace education and training and excellent working knowledge of current pharmacy practice across Great Britain to work collaboratively with subject matter experts to develop educational content for webinars and training events aimed at the independent prescriber workforce. You will ensure our educational content is of high quality and valued by learners.
We offer excellent benefits, a flexible working environment, and the opportunity for you to grow and enhance your existing skills at a national level.
- Pharmacy Degree
- Recent experience in any area of patient-focused pharmacy practice
- Excellent knowledge of pharmacy practice in Great Britain
- An understanding of best practice in the development and delivery of high-quality educational resources, products, and services
- Experience in developing and maintaining good working relationships with stakeholders
- Ability to work flexibly to assist the delivery of educational events in evenings when needed
The RPS Professional Membership & Education (PMED) directorate is responsible for:
- Leading and supporting members and the profession to deliver and continually improve high-quality patient care.
- Defining and assuring post-registration standards of pharmacy practice through curricula, assessments, and credentialing.
- Supporting members and the profession to deliver and promote the highest standards of pharmacy practice and professionalism.
- Advancing pharmacy practice and science by educating the profession to deliver high-quality, evidence-based care to meet changing patient needs.
This role sits in the Education and Professional Development team within the PMED directorate. The team’s main purpose is to advance practice through learning, education & professional development.
We are a small but dynamic team of pharmacists who are passionate about improving care through education and professional development. We are looking forward to welcoming a pharmacist with education expertise to our team.
How we are currently working
We welcome applications for this role from across the UK with a flexible approach to work. The majority of this role can be undertaken remotely from any location. There will be the occasional requirement to travel to an RPS office or to attend external stakeholder meetings across the UK.
🗓️ Closing date: 15 August 2022
This role is a permanent full-time position. Secondment opportunities may be available. If you are seeking a secondment, please state this in your cover letter.
If you would like to learn more about the role, view our job description 👈
If you have any questions about the positions please contact Beth Ward (Associate Director of Education and Professional Development) or Helen Chang (Head of Professional Development), by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please attach your CV and a covering letter articulating how you meet the specific requirements of the role. Applications without a covering letter will not be considered.
We are passionate about creating a culture of belonging, inclusion, and diversity these are part of our core values at RPS and we are striving to have an organisation that represents the diversity of the profession. At RPS we do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, age or disability and we encourage applications from all backgrounds.