Salary: Up to £35,000 per annum
Contract: 12 month Fixed Term Contract
We are seeking a proactive and passionate Account Manager to join our Sales team here at the RPS. You will be responsible for achieving sales targets by growing sustainable digital subscription revenue streams. This will involve managing engagement with accounts, maximising renewal and up-sell opportunities, identifying prospective new clients, presenting, pitching and negotiating new business wins.
- Sales experience, ideally gained in an STM publishing or digital sales environment.
- Consultative selling – with client facing skills and demonstrable experience of pitching business solutions to senior decision-makers.
- Ability to work under pressure to specific deadlines.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to understand and work with complex business models.
- Attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Ability to work autonomously and as a key member of a small team.
- A good understanding CRM and the importance of database management.
We are a focused sales team with a consistent track record for over performing. We pride ourselves on upholding the team values of consistency, resilience, positivity and credibility. We enjoy the opportunity to undertake a commercial role that has a significant impact on global health.
In the Publishing Directorate, we’re the world leaders in evidence-based pharmaceutical publications and guidance. Pharmacists and other healthcare professionals trust us to provide expert analysis, educational support, webinars, and news that informs, supports and enhances their practice. We independently source, evaluate, and communicate and make practical medicines knowledge accessible worldwide. In the Publishing Directorate, the following teams work collaboratively to provide our world-class products: the Journals team; the Sales and Marketing team (in which this role sits); the Technology team; the Product team and the Editorial team.
How we are currently working
RPS supports and works in a hybrid way, which means you will be able to work from home, however, there will be an expectation for collaborative face-to-face working – on average and typically this may be something between 4-8 working days per month at our London Office.
🗓️ Closing date: 31 March 2024
If you would like to learn more about the role, view our job description 👈
Please attach your CV and Cover Letter
We are passionate about creating a culture of belonging, inclusion, and diversity these are part of our core values at RPS and we are striving to have an organisation that represents the diversity of the profession. At RPS we do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, age, or disability and we encourage applications from all backgrounds.